The Take a Break program covers our weekly Primary School camps.
The program emphasises co-operation and respect and encourages children to be healthy, active, happy and secure. This program also includes relief camps offered to children from areas affected by disasters such as bushfires and floods. The Take a Break program gives children opportunities to experience a wide range of fun and inspirational activities that challenge (like Surfing), or encourage team building (like the low ropes course), or experiential learning (like rock pool rambles).
Children are usually in grades 3-6 (ages 8-12) and stay at the Cottage for up to 5 days.
Children are referred to Cottage by the Sea by schools, welfare agencies, government health departments or council services.
- To experience a wide range of new opportunities
- To create a safe space to enhance positive behaviours and wellbeing
- To encourage children to be more active
- To endorse the benefits of healthy eating habits
- To support wellbeing by increasing self-esteem and confidence
- To enhance social skills advocate respect for self and others
- To inspire children to live fulfilling lives
- Improved emotional wellbeing
- Better approach to healthy and diverse eating habits
- Increased sense of belonging
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Improved attitude to physical play and outdoor activities
- Greater respect for self and others
- Better engagement with school, family and community
Everything we do at the Cottage
reflects Our Values: